Key Stage 4
External Accreditation Key Stage 4 – Qualifications and Awards
At Key Stage 4 our students follow personalised pathways. The changes in the curriculum reflect an emphasis in preparing our students for life outside of school.
A dynamic, forward-looking curriculum creates opportunities for learners to develop as self-managers, creative thinkers, independent and reflective learners, problem solvers, team workers and effective communicators. We empower our students to be confident, independent and responsible young people. They are increasingly able to make informed choices concerning their future.
At the end of Key Stage 4, we strive for all students to achieve external accreditation in the following subjects:
- Maths Entry Level Edexcel Pearson
- Science Entry Level Edexcel Pearson
- Step up to English Entry Level AQA
- ICT Entry Level Edexcel Pearson
- MFL French Entry Level OCR
- Art Entry Level 3 through Arts award
- Creative media and Performing arts Entry Level WJEC
- RE Entry Level Edexcel Pearson
- PE Award
The curriculum at Highfurlong School enables all young people to become:
- Successful learners who enjoy learning, make progress and achieve
- Confident individuals who are able to live safe, healthy and fulfilling lives
- Responsible citizens who continue to make a positive contribution to society.
During their Key Stage 4 journey, students will be able to access a number of various work placements to develop their independence and confidence when working as a member of the community. Students work side by side with employees to gain a greater understanding of what working life entails. Work experience is tailored to meet individual needs and interests.