Key Stage 5
At Key Stage 5 our students follow personalised pathways. The changes in the curriculum reflect an emphasis in preparing our students for life outside of school.
We empower our students to be confident, independent and responsible young people. They are increasingly able to make informed choices concerning their future.
Highfurlong School has high aspirations and expectations for all our learners and within KS5 all students access external accreditation, Highfurlong offer changes in order to meet the personalised learning pathways of our students and may include;
- Entry Level qualifications;
- Personal Development opportunities
- ASDAN – Short courses;
- Asdan Awards
- PSD at E1, E2 and E3 and L1
- Asdan Transition Challenge
- Towards Independence
- Functional skills English, Maths and ICT
- Personalised Pathway opportunities
- Work Related Learning opportunities and Information Advice and Guidance
- Student Voice opportunities
- Student Council
- Projects -working together with a wide range of community and collaborative partners
Provision at Highfurlong is designed to meet the needs of the young people and their pathway, we offer a bespoke package based on needs and interests. In addition we have a number of interactive books illustrating our post 16 offer, which are available to anyone to borrow.